View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 04:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post

I do wonder about another option... initiate with the GLO that you got the bid from. Then if you cannot transfer to be active in the collegiate chapter, is there an alumnae organization of that sorority that you can participate in?
I wish you well!
Thanks. There is no local alumnae group in the state/region, nor even local collegiate chapter, of the XYZ Sorority I got the bid from at my college. The only way I could really participate in XYZ Sorority is if I do it remotely or move across the country in January (like I'd hoped/planned).

Bid day for XYZ sorority was a week ago so we haven't started new member training or meetings yet.

I'm not sure how much of an experience I could have remotely on XYZ Sorority if I was a remote student at my current college next semester.

If I thought alumnae initiation at local ABC Sorority was likely, I would do that since they have a local chapter as well as a chapter at my current (across the country) chapter. ABC Sorority is way larger of a national group than the XYZ Sorority at my college that I got a bid from.

Last edited by newtotheu; 10-04-2021 at 04:17 PM.