View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I read in your other thread that your daughter dropped out of rush entirely. What a shame she didn't go through to Pref with the chapters that she had left on her schedule. Really a shame. She might have found a wonderful sisterhood. I know it is hard to come back from a huge disappointment. I can only imagine how hard it would be to encourage your daughter to continue with the process, but that is what moms have to do.
Mom's also have to respect their daughter's maturity level and ability to make their own decisions. My daughter felt that the virtual process was not working for her. It was only decided the day before that recruitment would be virtual, which I am sure, no one was happy about. She did not get to meet all the houses, she only got to watch their videos and they hers. She also decided to go through recruitment at the last minute so did not know much about the houses and had to judge them based off their recruitment video. She felt like she did not get a feel for the houses and visa versa. She liked the houses that invited her back so that was not the issue. She wants to go through it again after she gets a better idea of the houses and not just based off a video or when she actually gets to meet them in person.

Last edited by GoGoolia; 09-07-2021 at 03:34 PM.