Thread: rush at UCSB
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

rush at UCSB

I've been a faithful, but, for the most part, silent member of Greekchat for a few years. I have decided to post my rush at UCSB. It starts on Monday, the 23rd with recruitment info night and ends on Saturday, the 28th. I'm nervous and excited, but my friends, all former greeks, have been very helpful and all-around supportive. I call them former greeks not because they've graduated, but because they have, for a variety of reasons, disaffiliated from their sorority. You'd think they'd be a bit bitter and negative about my going through, but they've been all for it. Their particular chapter has just had some problems. But, anyways. The chapters are

AXO
Alpha Delta Pi
AEPhi
Alpha Phi
Tri Delt
Delta Gamma
Gamma Phi Beta
Kappa Alpha Theta
Kappa Kappa Gamma
Pi Beta Phi
and Sigma Kappa

I'm not sure if EK will be going through recrutiment, because they lost their chapter house as well as a lot of members.

I'm a junior transfer who started going to UCSB in January and decided to wait until the fall to go through rush so I'd get to meet all the houses, although I did go to DG's and APhi's open houses in the Spring quarter. I loved DG!!! I will be going shopping this weekend to pick out some cute outfits and I will keep you all updated!!!

I can expect about 400 other girls to be going through rush. I'm young for a junior (19, wont be 20 until the end of March) but I'm still a junior, so I hope it doesn't take me out of the game!! lol..Oh well, I'm going into it with an open heart, although I'm a bit partial to DG!