View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post
Rush needs to take longer at the huge schools. That it takes virtually the same number of days for IU and for a school with 4 chapters is just insane. Round one should take 3 days so that the parties can last longer and allow more time to talk. And round 2 should be 2 days. If the chapters were relying more on actual conversation they could rely less on paperwork from strangers.
I agree that spending more time in each house would be better – but all rounds except pref are already scheduled to be 2 days long (at Bama anyway). This can be really grueling for the actives, since the chapters often have more parties than the maximum PNMs can attend (due to accommodating numbers in the physical space of the houses). In the bad ol’ days, for instance, on four-party day (now skit day – round 3), the PNMs could attend up to four parties, and each chapter conducted only four parties.

I'm not sure how many more days of recruitment would be needed in order to provide more opportunity for conversation, considering the numbers at some of these schools, but I don't think the actives would survive it!

I don’t know of a solution – just thinking out loud.