View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
You had to Google it because you didn't think it could be real? Either you didn't play this game, or this stuff really doesn't offend you, because, if we are to believe you are as offended by all of this as you say you are, how could you not remember this? I regularly advise my actives against playing this game as I can only imagine the fallout if some video of some college kids playing this game was ever to be made public in today's PC climate.
So your assumption is that everyone who's ever played CAH has heard of the Jew Pack? I've never bought this game, nor have I ever been inclined to. Why should I have heard of this?

Quote:
What happened here according to the Fraternity--uttering racial slurs to make fun of someone who was associated loosely with people who actually do make racial slurs because that individual would be embarrassed to be associated with, for example, white nationalists.
As I said, slurs are on a different level for me, but I guess they aren't for everyone.

Quote:
I tend to believe the Fraternity if the affidavits filed in the lawsuit are correct and one of the people being disciplined for this was African American, another Jewish.

They could. They actually could do that. They could allow for an actual investigation without expelling an organization permanently, expelling students permanently, suspending others from academics as finals are coming up. That was totally an option and now they have a multimillion dollar lawsuit to contend with. I hope SU writes some big 'ol checks. Maybe that'll slow the roll of future administrations wanting to pander to the PC mob.
They can sue, and I'm sure they'll win, but at what point do our members start acting intelligently? When do we start holding them accountable? When does "We didn't mean to" not count as an excuse? This isn't just a bunch of PC bull****. Take this case of a DPhiE sister - she was quickly stripped of her membership. I say good. No organization should have to deal with this.

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=243460

@~/~~~~