View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Username: oldnorthstate

Home chapter: Epsilon Gamma (UNC Chapel Hill)

Initiation date: 3/5/16

Home chapter achievements:
-We are the only sorority on campus to still be in our original house! Our house is also historical (over 100 years old!) and we have a special plaque outside our door.
-An Epsilon Gamma alumna founded earlier.org (Friends for an Earlier Breast Cancer Test), which is one of our local philanthropies.
-When Epsilon Gamma was founded, UNC admitted undergraduate women either as junior transfers or as students living at home in Chapel Hill, so we were the only two-year Kappa chapter in the country.
(I am a bit of a history nerd, so when I joined Kappa I read our entire Kappapedia entry so I'd be familiar with our history when we talked about it in new member education!)

About me: Like about 80% of Carolina students, I am from North Carolina. My entire family is from New England and my parents both went to school in Vermont, so I didn’t grow up following college football and basketball like a lot of my peers. I am the first Tar Heel and the first Kappa in my family: a good chunk of my mother’s family actually went to Duke! While I was not Tar Heel born and bred, I like to refer to myself as a Tar Heel convert, because now I bleed Carolina blue and when I die I will be a Tar Heel dead!