View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Ok, here it goes. I mentioned the "wedding" I attended yesterday in the christmas gifts thread, so here's the story. Let me also state that these people will be family in less than a year since my boyfriend and I got engaged 2 weeks ago.

Ok so I get back from my cruise on Friday to find out that yes, we know what church to go and what time. Wow, well at least we know two days before the wedding instead of the day before. I mean these people couldn't even send out an evite so we know what is up? Then the attire question is asked. Fiance says, he doesn't think guys will be wearing suits. What?? This is still a wedding, whether it's the 5th btwn the two of them or not. So we find out Sat night that no, guys aren't wearing suits. I ask, is the groom, my fiance can't answer that.

And wedding day is here. We pull up, I'm overdressed. I am wearing a navy blue dress with white polka dots, a white cardigan and navy blue low wedges. AND I'M OVERDRESSED!! The groom does have on a suit and the bride wore a tasteful cream suit (white white hose, but hey, I'll take what I can get).

The kids all look like they rolled out of bed, but with 5 combined, I guess just having them dressed is a blessing. The ceremony starts. Apparently no one told people where to sit. We have bride people on the groom side, groom people on the bride's side and the kids run back and forth in the front row during the ceremony. The bride actually cries during the ceremony (which is ironic to me, she's done this 2 other times, she's got it down.)

Ah the reception, we head over to their new we-can't-afford-this-but-we-bought-it-to-look-classy house for the "reception." We are all supposed to sit outside under a tent. WHAT?? It's November. It's cold and windy! For food they have frozen shrimp, ham sandwiches (helloo, what if eating pork is against your religion?) meatballs, chicken nuggets, fruit and crackers and dip. Not too bad, if you don't mind sharing with the 50 other people. I don't think they ran out of food, but I didn't chance going back. Then the cake. They actually had a wedding cake. Unfortunately you could see the cake through the icing and it tasted like cardboard. Oh and did I mention that the kids and groom have all changed into jeans at this point? Yep they're running around the backyard kicking balls and throwing toys.

The funniest part was the bride looks at the tent and goes "Oh where where will I and husband sit?" Helloo, you don't have enough seating for everyone? And I thoroughly enjoyed the CD on the boom box that kept being repeated over and over. Thankfully no one danced and it was just background.

Oh and they ran out of soda. Lots of beer, some wine, but no water, no punch, and no soda. You all have 5 kids and no regular drinks?

But hey, there wasn't a riot, they're married and come next October they'll be my brother and sister in-law.