View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
I know I'm preaching to the choir but there are, and have been for years, black members in NPC sororities. Same for Latina. Same for many other nationalities and races.
YMMV from school to school in that regard--and I think that's a problem since those kinds of chapters are typically the most visible.

Quote:
What are our greek-letter alumni, who are not white, currently communicating to those non-members who would have our organizations dissolve? One knows their voices are of especial interest in this debate, but does anyone inquire of their thoughts and opinions?
I don't think our Greek letter alumni who are not white are under any obligation to be our POC ambassadors to these non-members. I'm not sure whether you are suggesting that. What I would suggest is that we stop taking these idiots so seriously. Stop treating them as threats. Respond to them and point out how ridiculous they are in any publications available. We don't have to apologize for being what we are unless there are issues we legitimately should be apologizing for, i.e., covering up sexual assaults/rapes, hazing, etc.--and if we have those issues, we should be doing what we can to clean those situations up, i.e., cooperating with authorities in investigations and ensuring that the stupid/heinous choices of individual members don't turn into stupid/heinous choices of the organization because that's when these folks asking for our dissolution might start to have a good point.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma