Thread: our outfits!
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2004, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ncsudgalum04
i just had a question. this is eta kappa's second year of formal recruitment ever (my chapter but i'm an alum) so we are tweaking the whole attire thing. i'm still on the list serve for the chapter so i got the email about what to wear each night of recruitment. i was absolutely shocked. they were so strict. i was wondering if all chapters are like that or if i'm just not used to it. they were saying things like, "don't wear hose, so you need to have a good tan or spray tan," and "your nails should be done the night before recruitment begins," or "your hair should be up and curled." i'm so glad i'm not doing it this year because first of all, i'm fair skinned (and too cheap to get a spray tan), i bite my nails, and my hair is short (very short) and stick straight. it's like they aren't taking everything into consideration and want everyone to be a carbon copy of each other. it really upset me because our chapter is full of diverse girls and that's what i love that about us. but with this attire, it seems like they are pretty much saying that this carbon copy is exactly what we want and if you don't fit into it, then you can't be a delta gamma. if you can't tell, i'm totally NOT a fan of formal recruitment. i don't understand why people get so excited about it because i think it's the most unreal thing anyone could possibly go through and it's so stressful for the sisters. plus, ours is around the time of everyone's first exams and that just adds to the stress. and, i learned somewhere (i can't remember) that the majority of members are "liars" which are those girls that say they'll never be a sorority girl and don't go through formal, but through COB. can ya'll explain it for me?