View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDCat View Post
The key, though, is that all of those groups have to agree. It's not up to the PNMs. I just watched the expansion process at Washington University in St. Louis. After the sororities made their presentation, the Expansion Committee voted, and then the faculty/administration voted, and then Panhel voted. All of those groups had to agree before a group was invited to colonize.

To me, the real wildcard was the faculty/administration approval. Faculty/adminstration have their own ideas and do their own thing sometimes. The faculty at my brother's college refused campus recognition for Campus Crusade for Christ, but allowed the same group of students to affliate with InterVarsity. It's still a mystery to me. I could totally see a campus administration deciding it would rather have one philanthropy over another, or one member development program over another, or rather have a historically Jewish sorority over a historically Christian sorority for diversity reasons.

It's the same as regular recruitment. You really limit your chances of success if you have preconceived notions about what groups are acceptable and you limit yourself to only one choice.
Thanks. And I do understand 100%. I just wanted to point out that the NPC supports this "type" of extension as well. And while it may not be the norm, it is allowed. That is *if* all groups agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
TSteven - You're also assuming that the NPC organization wants to be at the school.
No, I am not assuming that at all. I made sure to include "Also requesting and receiving approval by the NPC sorority HQ" as part of the NPC protocol.