View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNMmom18 View Post
Hey everyone my daughter is rushing as well. She said it was a bit cold but she had a great time. She is our second daughter going through the rush process at IU. On her schedule it says Preference Round 1 & 2 then optional 3rd round and optional 4th round. Unsure what that means. My oldest was a RG and they had 3 Prefs. I am thankful she's keeping an open mind and not stuck on her Legacy house. Tomorrow is a long day for them hopefully they stay warm. Good luck to all the PNMs, Moms and families.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNMmom18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaPiPhi View Post
Thanks for sending this! I wonder if the optional designation is tbd based on numbers? I wonder what the Rho Gammas said about that. I will wait until Friday to ask. Don't want to stress her out.

At Iowa, the chapters made the cut first, then you selected from the available houses on your list. My understanding is that it is the opposite at IU and the PNM picks 16 and hopes that they get an invite from the houses they picked. Is that correct?
Those are optional additional parties for the sororities who have larger PNM pools at preference. PNMs can only attend a maximum of two preference parties at IU this year.