View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 06:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Upper-tier vs. Lower-tier groups?

Recruitment starts in about 2 weeks for me, and I'm really excited. I've been reading all of the rush threads (I think I'm an addict now, too haha), and I've noticed on several different occasions that people have referred to different chapters as being a top-tier group or a lower-tier group. I was just wondering what was meant by that. Aside from obvious things like chapter size, what type of criteria do people use to rank chapters? Or is it mostly just "tent talk" and reputation that makes a group "better"? I'm always skeptical of basing my oppinions solely on reputation though. One quote I that actually remember from my highschool English class: "Reputation is oft got without merit, and lost without deserving."

Aside from the type of people I know my friends to be, I know nothing about the reputations of the different houses that they belong to (which I see as a benefit since I definitely want to go in with an open mind), but from an outsider's perspective, it seems like all of the chapters on my campus are strong with great girls I'd appreciate any insight you all have!