View Single Post
Old 10-30-2000, 01:40 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by KarenC725:
Forgive me if I'm a little late coming into this, but CutiePie, did you get one of your choices the next year?
I will be honest and say that when I rushed the following year (I did informal rush the next year, not formal), no, I didn't get a bid from any of the houses that I wanted. So some people might say that I never had a hope of getting into any of the other 5 houses that I wanted (and maybe that is true, but we will never know). However, there was a sorority girl who was in my "rushee class" (for lack of a better word) that I got to talking to about Rush. I told her what had happened to me and I asked her how this could have happened. She said to me (off the record) that if you rush, decline your bid, and then rush again the next year, you are kind of viewed as "damaged goods" and the other sororities won't want to bid you, for fear of souring inter-sorority goodwill. So, while I was very frustrated to hear this, at least *SOMEONE* was honest with me, and told me how "it really was".