View Single Post
Old 07-13-2015, 04:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilove2shop247 View Post
I just read the reddit thread. It looks like the responses there were much more optimistic. A girl that is ACTUALLY in UT even wrote (in reference to owning a small business)

"3) We LOVE girls with special talents. Love. I may have done some creeping, and I saw your cakes. You are amazing. Like I am speechless because I love to bake and I am so jealous. (.... sorry, that was weird) Ok anyway. Specific example: DG has Desserts with DG twice a year, where we buy/make desserts to sell to raise money for our philanthropy. Having the ability to bake beautiful pastries for something like that would totally be to your advantage. Plus, we all love food. Like I don't know a single girl from any sorority that would be unhappy receiving a baked good."

OP wrote that she has a small business on the side. I doubt she would consider joining a sorority if it would she want to jeopardize her existing business. I'm sure she is the best judge of if she can handle the time management and took that into consideration before she posted.
Listen its one thing to try and prognosticate the what ifs. No one is discrediting the OP for owning her own business. I think that's great at a young age she's embarking on what looks like a promising path. The OP asked a question about greek life at the Univ. of Texas, and the panhellenic ladies here provided their insight, including one woman who is familiar with the greek system at UT. Its ultimately the OP's choice on what is best for her in the long term. She asked for insights and that's what was provided so no reason to throw shade at people who didn't give her a standing ovation.

Last edited by andthen; 07-14-2015 at 08:26 AM. Reason: my typing was faster than my brain