View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 11:29 PM

Funny you should ask this. I'm wondering about this same thing. I'm in contract to buy a condo, and the kitchen has an induction stove.

Sadly, my favorite pot is aluminum, but I plan on keeping it, as it is oven-safe and sturdy. As for my other pots and pans, some of them are ferromagnetic, so I'm keeping those and donating the rest.

I do like the fact that induction stoves remain cool to the touch. I've taught my cat that the kitchen counter is a no-no, but it's good to know he won't burn his paws if he does get onto the stove. (Same applies with small children. I don't have any children, but it must be reassuring for parents to know that the little one won't burn his/her hand on the stove.)

I am wondering about adapting recipes to the induction stove. Some of my favorites involve stir-frying and shallow-frying (also deep-frying, but I don't do much of that for health reasons). I suppose I will have to learn by trial and error.

Last edited by aephi alum; 01-28-2018 at 11:40 PM.