View Single Post
Old 04-07-2014, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
If you have not been initiated, you are free to join another organization. There is nothing douchy about your questions, IMO. You are looking ahead and being realistic.

Are you planning to be at your current college one more year (I assume this would be your sophomore year coming up?)? So you would be transferring as a junior (providing all the credits from your current school transfer)?

Fraternities on the whole seem to be more flexible in accepting new members who are not freshmen, so as long as you were flexible in your choices and open to all the chapters at your future school, you would stand a better chances of being extended a bid.
Time-wise it is my second semester at my current university but I transferred in 14 credits from high school. Two of the founding fathers are the two that are graduating, so obviously they went through the process just for one semester of involvement (involvement on campus, of course they can assist the chapter as an alumni). So would it be okay for me to continue with the process and pass the national test and enjoy one or two semesters as a brother of the group of intent/provisional chapter? I would feel bad taking up the new member educator's time with teaching me about the fraternity and preparing me for the test just to transfer. However I do see a angle where that's fine because in exchange I'm doing a lot for the fraternity as well. It's not like I would join and switch schools without having contributed anything.