View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 08:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Skits, Day One!

I was very tired on skit night. Tuesday was the last day of philanthropy and we had a break Wednesday for the first day of class. This gave me a break but it also gave me time to get nervous. As I was getting ready, I played some of my guilty pleasure music on my iPod to help me get excited. But as I walked over to the parties alone, I couldn't get rid of the anxious feeling in my stomach.

I receive my invitation. There is one party, Lord of the Rings.
Okay. That's okay, I told myself. So I didn't quite like them philanthropy round, but I wished I had ranked them higher. I liked their history and founders. Although this sorority wasn't the favorite among my fellow PNMs, I was happy to return to them. They seemed to give everyone a chance. I had been told many times that they are one of the more diverse chapters personality-wise and have the most out-of-state students. I really liked this about them.

Unfortunately this did nothing to ease my anxiety. I had faith that I'd at least return to Great Gatsby for the second day of skits.

Lord of the Rings's skit was pretty adorable! Obviously there wasn't anything I could find wrong with it, since so far I had nothing to compare it to. The girls were funny, cute, and obviously loved their sorority. Several of the girls I had talked to over the week were in it, so that was fun to watch. However, I was tired and nervous and losing my concentration during conversations. It also didn't help that I was paired with another PNM in our conversation. That always made me nervous.

And let's be completely honest. I wasn't sure I wanted to be invited back to Lord of the Rings when I wanted so badly to be a Great Gatsby. (a Daisy Buchanan? Is that what we would be called? lol)

I went home and went to bed. We could visit up to 6 sororities during skit round, and there would be 4 parties for day two of skits. I could still have up to 5 sororities for this round! I was still nervous, but had faith that tomorrow would be a better day.