View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

My mother in law decided at the last minute not to come, sending word an hour before the ceremony that she had nothing to wear and would not be in attendance. Then, after being coerced by my brother in law, she showed up at the last minute and left right after the wedding, so that my husband danced the mother/son song with his sister.

While it is unbecoming and I am embarrassed about my feelings, I can admit that 7 years later it still pisses me off.

The only other bad thing was after the wedding. I have no idea how, and it sounds like I made up the story; but I couldn't sleep a couple of nights after the wedding and was watching the wedding video late at night. I fell asleep on the couch, somehow rolled over onto the remote and pressed the exact combination of buttons that would make the tape start recording over. It erased the whole tape - which was of course the only copy. (Hubby's friend who worked at the local news station made it and didn't make a back up copy.) And of course my relative who was supposed to film using my camera as backup failed to record the ceremony.

Overall it was an incredible experience and I really have no regrets, nor would I do it much differently today.