View Single Post
Old 10-29-2006, 05:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
The thing is that our current risk management policies specify a lot of things that really can't carry the possibility of harm to another.

Lineups for example -- or activities which result in "mental discomfort" as most of our hazing policies specify have no possibility of causing anyone any actual harm.

I don't think I've ever heard of a chapter anywhere ever being put on probation for causing mental discomfort in a pledge though.

I hate that our policies contain such ambiguous terms. Mental discomfort can really encompass a lot. What if a brother is driving a car full of pledges and doesn't pull over the instant one of them tells him they need to go to the bathroom? Is that creating 'mental discomfort?' I think it could be.
Kevin;
You are very correct.That is just what I meant when I posted above. Some things that we did back in the day.....today if you do it, you run into RM problems.

However, some activites of today go well beyond need or reason and those, in many cases can end up going too far and realy cause problems.

And then we have the (extreem) reactions, with sometimes vage and ambiguous terms which then starts this whole cycle over again.

Last edited by jon1856; 10-29-2006 at 06:10 PM.