View Single Post
Old 09-12-2003, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: The difference between Black Greeks and Multi-Cultural Greeks?

Quote:
Originally posted by ethnic20
Do you think that Black Greek fraternities are better then Multi-Cultural Fraternities. Why? There is a strong sense of brotherhood in both, one just focuses on one color the other does not. So why did you decided to be part of a black Greek organization as opposed to a multi-cultural fraternity/ Other then the obvious reason of the culture around black Greeks i.e. the steps. I am just confused. I do not ask this questions for advise about joining, just out of curiosity, because I have talked to my local chapter about it and I am still just curious about what others have to say, before I make my decision.
The issue has more to do with what is your "motivation"... Asking which one is better is a judgement statement.

Of course, those of use that are a part of the D9 will say our respective organizations...

However, the motivations to join one of D9 vs. a MCGLO is a question that you must ask yourself, not us...

Personally, I cannot justify why one should want to join my organization as much as I love my Sorority... I only know why I joined. Because of my heritage--my legacy... That is my reason... And I appreciate that aspect about myself.

If you do not have family member that are a part of the D9's, then you won't ever get an answer suitable enough for yourself until you actually are invited to join one the D9's...

So do continue with your own research and examine what is best for you.

Good Luck...

"Yo soy una mujer negra" ~Zoe Saldana