View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 08:45 AM

12 Organizations at Nevada-Reno Reject University Recognition Agreement

https://thisisreno.com/2019/01/frate...th-university/

12 organizations at the University of Nevada-Reno - including all current NPC groups on campus- have rejected to sign the university recognition agreement.

One of the issues is centered around "the University’s mandate to report individual conduct concerns currently mediated through peer-to-peer chapter processes."

The National Panhellenic Council issued a statement including the following:
"With negotiations still outstanding on a few areas of concern, the six NPC member organizations requested an extension to the Agreement deadline in hopes of continuing discussions with the University. Unfortunately, those requests were denied. So, the sororities declined to sign the proposed Relationship Agreement for 2019. The University then declared them to be unrecognized student organizations, effective immediately."

The university has issued a statement that includes the following:
"As of today, a total of 12 fraternity and sorority life organizations have chosen not to sign the agreement and are unrecognized by the University, meaning they are no longer eligible for the same opportunities or resources that the campus provides to recognized organizations. Additionally, these fraternities and sororities are not obligated to follow University of Nevada, Reno policies and regulations."

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)