View Single Post
Old 03-31-2003, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you know your neighbor?

I used to be an RA, so I have a ton of little team-builders/little games. One of my fav get-to-know-you games is called "Do you Know your Neighbor?" We usually did this one at the beginning of the fall semester since most of our residents were freshmen and didn't know one another.. if you want to incorporate it into your brotherhood/sisterhood events, maybe you could try it when you just get some new members.

(Please keep in mind this is a corny RA game )

Here's how it works:

Everyone sits in a chair in a big circle. There is one person who does not have a chair to sit on and that person stands in the middle.

The person in the middle randomly chooses one person and asks them "Do you know your neighbors?"

*If the selected person knows only one or doens't know any of their neighbors (people sitting on their immediate left or right sides) they respond with a statement like "No I don't know my neighbors, but I know someone who is wearing a blue shirt (or insert whatever else... this part can get kind of interesting ) And then everyone who is wearing a blue shirt gets up from their chair and must find another chair to sit on before there are no chairs left. (NOTE: You cannot move to a chair that is on your immediate left or right side.. that would be too easy ) The person left without a chair must stand in the middle and continue the game asking someone if they know their neighbor.

* If the selected person DOES know both his/her "neighbors", the two "neighbors" must get up and switch seats before the person in the middle steals one of the seats.

**WARNING** Many observations of this game leads me to believe this game can be dangerous when males play**
I'll rummage around my room for my old RA book for more fun stuff...