View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgdramadawg View Post
Best UGA advice I can give you:
As long as you don't go in with a list of chapters that are acceptable/unacceptable for you, you'll probably be okay. But if you go in with a list in either direction, you're bound to be disappointed. Every girl I know who has gone in with an open mind has been happy with the outcome. Most girls who ruled out certain chapters or set their hearts on others have been unhappy.

There are a lot of UGA recruitment stories on this site (I've written quite a few of them) and I recommend that you read some UGA story threads as they will give you more of an idea of what to expect.
I was about to post something similar. UGA, I think, has great overall placement rates, but they aren't always based on girls getting placed in their favorite chapter at the end of round one.

A girl who tries to like all the chapters and sees the process through can find a chapter that will enrich her experience at UGA, and I'd say the vast majority who complete recruitment really love their chapters, often within minutes of opening the bid card but sometimes after having inwardly mourned getting dropped by a couple of chapters that they thought they loved.

Shelbylovesuga, once recruitment starts, a lot of it may feel out of your control even though it's a theoretically mutual selection process. That's why you want to line up recs, think about what to wear, and plan for the experience before it gets started. Recruitment can be a lot of fun if you try to focus on the positive things that happen and don't worry about outcomes that you can't control, (which is practically impossible to do but the key to having an enjoyable experience in recruitment.) Good luck to you!

Last edited by UGAalum94; 07-05-2011 at 06:13 PM.