Thread: Greek Cousins
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a sister of Sigma Lambda Gamma, i can attest to the idea, and fact that sigma lambda gamma, sigma lambda beta, and phi beta sigma have very similar elements, when it comes to their processes. I can attest to this through my own process, in which i have LB's, and LC's (LC meaning line cousin, since we were pledged together, i.e cross set.) As a result, some details of our processes are shared, since they are part of all three orgs process. I have also, since becoming a sister in Fall 06, witnessed, and pledged, some now sisters of zeta phi beta.

With much respect, it is understandable that this "royal family" relationship is not known by everyone, since every campus that has slg, does not have pbs, zpb, and slb. etc. However, i do ask that people keep open minds.

I kept an open mind when the sigmas at my school were the ones that approached our organization as cousins, since the chapter of phi beta sigma and zeta phi beta did not return to our campus until 2003, 5 years after our chapter of sigma lambda gamma was established...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoza Anchor View Post
considering our process is so similar why do ppl question the fact we're related? plus i heard on the east coast theres cross pledging and theres sigmas going to beta pm's so isn't that even more proof and reason to respect the the FIRM?