View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillini View Post
Also keep in mind that especially with RFM there are many girls who get "cut" that the chapter really liked. There just happened to be other PNMs the chapter liked a little bit better. What happens then unfortunately is some of those "kept" PNMs didn't like the chapter well enough to put it #1 on their bid card.

If/when that unsettling call comes in the wee hours of the morning that it's necessary to snap in order to make quota, it's up to the chapter officers and advisors to make a decision and make it fast. I agree it isn't appropriate to issue a snap bid to someone the chapter obviously couldn't stand. However in a big competitive Recruitment, there are often unmatched girls to choose from who the chapter did like and would fit in well.
Yup, been there and had to make the decisions. You just don't have time to run things past the chapter.

Also, I hate the idea that there are "computer errors", but I know that we have made mistakes due to identical names. PNM's have numbers, along with names, but we are talking about hundreds of women and 5-6 people doing invite lists in the wee hours of the morning.