View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 11:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I think this happened in the 80s or 90s when the chapters were much smaller plus the chapter isn't there anymore so 4 girls might've been quite noticeable but still! How dare those advisors do that?

I have recently heard of several stories where mystery girls turned up in chapter rooms on Bid Day and there were their names on the bid lists and no one--the chapter, the advisors, or PH--could account for that, although the girl had been cut earlier in the process. What do you say once she's there? "Hello, excuse me but we really didn't want you and you cal leave now?" Oh, I'm really glad I didn't have to deal with that situation.
If it happened that long ago, then they she should be able to tell us what happened with those girls. That's a long time to be holding onto a grudge. A similar thing happened at my chapter, and we acted like mature AOIIs and welcomed the girl into our chapter. No reason to act like brats when you can't change things. She turned out to be an amazing member so no harm no foul. Not to mention, there are lots of carefully chosen members who turn out to be duds. As for the second scenario, I call BS on that one. Sounds like an urban legend. If PH can't account for the name on the list, the name should be removed BEFORE the PNM is given the bid.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!