View Single Post
Old 08-28-2017, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorority Recruitment Transfer

Hi everyone,
I rushed a sorority my freshman year of college (spring recruitment. I rushed in January and was initiated in February). I transferred schools that following semester. I'm now a junior in college. At my new school, I've joined multiple clubs and organizations and have reached out to many people, and while I am friendly with students, I am really, really looking for a group of friends and a Greek community to contribute to (like what I experienced the spring of my freshman year). I'm pretty desperate for more friends. The sorority I am a member of is NOT on my current campus. I know that according to to NPC rules, once you are a member of a NPC sorority, you are never allowed to rush again. However, I really want to make new friends and am worried I'll graduate without a great network of girls. Greek Life is fairly popular at my school, and I've asked the Director of Greek Life/ NPC Nationals/ Panhellenic Board, but I've heard that membership for life is really strict. Is there any way to get around this? Would I get caught if I rushed a new sorority?
Thanks in advance for your help!