View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 01:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh_d View Post
Hello all!

In a nutshell, I rushed Panhellenic at Auburn this past fall as a freshman and needless to say I was so lost. I'm from California, so I came into SEC rush completely unprepared. I only had recommendations for a few sororities, my high school grades were NOT up to standards (which I knew from the beginning) but I was pushed into rushing by my mom that year (rushing has always been my decision, however rushing last fall was not!) Needless to say I was dropped very early. So now, I'm back, and I'm ready to rush again. However, I need help.

My mom was in a sorority at home in California, so I have several recommendations for hers, but other then the few others that I know I have recommendations for (which is five) where do you all suggest I find other recommendations?

Also, I know rushing as a Sophomore isn't easy, is there anything else y'all could suggest before rush? I know it's early, but I want to be sure that I'm 100% prepared this year!
Here's a thread that was just started regarding how to find recs when you don't know any sorority alumnae: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=132531

Also, there are tons of other threads on Greekchat that discuss recs. Note: Sometimes it's better to type what you're looking for on Google - and include "greekchat.com" in the search - than it is to use the search function on this site.

@~/~~~~