View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 05:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PureGoldF2K1
At the restaurant where I serve (similar to a Friday's, but not a chain...ridiculously busy on the weekends), we dont give anything to the bartenders or hosts (bartenders make their own tips and the hostesses make a normal hourly wage, so they dont need tips). We are required, however, to give 3% of our total sales to the busboys at the end of the night, which I do gladly since those little Guatemalan dudes do basically all the table cleaning.

Some other questions for servers...

How many tables on average would you be waiting on at a time? At my restaurant, its normal on a Friday night to have 10-12 tables, all sat at the same time. Upon talking to a friend who works at Olive Garden, I found out that this isnt normal (he would have 3-4 tables) and this is why I get so ridiculously stressed out. Oh, and yesterday I was double sat with 2 parties of 15...at the EXACT same time...thats not typical of most places I dont think!

How much sidework do you have to complete?? We basically have to clean the entire kitchen and our sections which takes HOURS. OliveGardenGuy, again, said this isnt normal...hmmm..Im thinking i want more than my $2.83/hr haha.

Any thoughts?