View Single Post
Old 07-09-2003, 09:02 AM

I went through rush with 4 of my best friends. We were all determined to stick together and most of the chapters probably thought we were a packaged deal. I even later found out from my Big that my own sorority had labeled me a packaged deal with a friend of mine before rush had even began; some girls from my HS knew the two of us were coming through rush and told the chapter that we'd probably follow each other into the same sorority.
After the second day of rush, the 4 of us knew that our interests were very different and our hearts were all in different places. I went ZTA, another went KD, and another went Tri-Delta. The 4th was torn between Tri-Delta, ADPi, and KD. She went with Tri-Delta because she wanted to be in the same place as my friend. After a year, she realized she would have fit in better with ADPi or KD and ended up dropping the sorority. It was a heart breaking experience for her because she never got to feel that "sisterhood" since she never felt she had fit in with her chapter and she kept longing to be in another chapter. (sidenote: Tri-Delta is WONDERFUL on my campus; my friend just did not fit into the chapter...that's all I'm saying. ).
It was the best decision that we all made, though. We all (except friend #4) picked the house that was best for us. I don't think we would have been happy following each other all to the same house.
I always tell girls who are torn at prefs because they don't want to leave a friend that if you are truly friends with someone, you'll stay friends no matter what sorority you're in.
All 4 of us are still friends to this day. (well...that's a lie, friend #3 and I aren't but that's because we lived with each other junior year....HUGE mistake....)