View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 02:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
How does that affect the answer(s)? It doesn't.
Variable 1: Number of women who sign up (and meeting the school and Panhel's objective criteria) to participate in Panhellenic Recuitment. As far as I can tell, at most schools this is a specific number. It doesn't matter whether they drop immediately after signing up, suicide at their final choice or continue on all the way to becoming a pledge.

Variable 2: Number of bids offered by the Sororities participating the Panhellenic recruitment at the end of period, regardless of whether they are accepted by the girls. (Which should be more or less equal to the sum of the quotas)

Are there cases where Variable 2 is less than half of Variable 1. I'm not looking to find out whether for Alabama's 2016 rush the ratio is .4135, I'm looking for round numbers.
I have to ask: have you ever taken a basic research class?

ABSOLUTELY the answers will be affected by the way the questions are posed/written! Your examples are, for lack of better words, not related to your original questions. Sheesh. Sigh.

Good luck.

ETA: note to self: stop trying to help him/her.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity