View Single Post
Old 03-06-2006, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Miami Univeristy - Oxford, OH has deferred recruitment - we start in January and come back a week early from Winter Break.

1. If your recruitment is delayed, how do you charge new members dues?
New Members pay their dues for the spring semester, and the new member dues are included in that.

2. What are the rules at your school surrounding disaffiliation for Pi Chis/Rho Chis/Rho Gammas ?
They disafilliate for the entire Fall Semester. They still pay dues and can come to all of our chapter events - just can't wear letters. We do not have a hard time having people become Rho Chis. It's viewed as an honor and a great experience.

3. What are the rules at your school surrounding contact between sorority members and freshmen women?
We have also historically had very strict contact. However, this year Panhel drastically changed our recruitment. We are allowed any and all contact with PNMs for the entire first semester. We have numerous activities called "sprite dates" put on by the different sororities that we invite the PNMs to come to. This allows them to learn about sorority life. I'm our Formal Recruitment Chair, so if you PM me I could tell you about this in greater detail.

4. Do you find that most PNMs have already made up their mind about which group they want to join before Formal Recruitment begins?
I don't think this is the case at all. We work really hard so that the PNMs see ALL the organizations. Yes, some probably do decide, but most are pretty open minded. Plus, our school is very competitive, and even if they've made up their minds - that does not guarantee that the GLO will select them.

5. If you have recently switched from Fall to Spring, did the number of women registering for Recruitment drop drastically?
N/A

Good luck!

Last edited by EtaEpsilove; 03-06-2006 at 01:10 PM.