View Single Post
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I just want to say I'm really happy all of you who responded thought it was as guano as I did, and that it really is outrageous.

Mad love to my GC sisters who promote all encompassing beauty and health for themselves, and those around them.

As far as ketosis and reducing carbohydrates, I know my body chemistry works better when I increase my protein and consume carbohydrates that are higher in fiber and lower on the glycemic index; but if I cross the line into ketosis I feel horrible and there is a horrible taste in my mouth. It helps that I don't like super sugary sweet tastes, but this girl can have issues if she gets to far into a bag of blue corn chips with the blood sugar spike and the salt. Sodium is still my nemesis, even with foods that are preservative and allergy free there is an obscene amount of sodium in everything.

I guess the nice thing about having a bunader wedding is that a bunad is to be made only once as it is very expensive and intricate in the detailing, so it is designed to be let out, hemmed, and otherwise altered for pregnancy and aging. I'd also wear my bunad more than just once and it is of the same heirloom quality is could be passed down and worn by other women in the family like a wedding dress.

Not like I'm anywhere near the situation of even considering marriage, but I'm starting to feel stronger about not being married unless I'm living in a place (state or country) that has marriage equality of some kind. I wouldn't get divorced if I moved to somewhere without it, but I don't think I'm going to be happy living in a place where people aren't treated equally.