View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOIIalum View Post
Trust your gut in these situations. Good luck with the job search.
Yeah, I definitely learned ^^^this lesson at my first company out of teaching. Didn't listen to my gut and got blind sided a month later. At my last company, I had the same feeling and thankfully landed a job 3mo before the whole team I was on go the ax.

There's a buzz about it among the staff - particularly those of us in the US - we know we're more expensive. Some people are waiting to see how this quarter goes - not me. I've started slacking at my job so I can focus on applying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
This is the struggle- and they are demanding we go back in the office all at the same time despite the fact that the space they've allocated to us will seat only 70% of us. They are moving us to a new space which triples my commute. It's a nightmare. But is it a scary time to change companies if layoffs are looming?
Yeah, I've def thought about this too but my company (a start up) laid off 9 people (11% of headcount) in December. Anyone who's paying attention can see, at least at my company, that new business is not coming in. We haven't had a new paying client in a few months so staying is also the same risk as changing jobs.