View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Hawaii - New Chapter

Not sure if this was mentioned here yet/before, but for the first time in 25 years there is another NPC Chapter colonizing at the University of Hawaii at Manoa! UH will now have two chapters, Alpha Gamma Delta and Phi Mu!
In the past there were many local sororities in addition to Alpha Gam but in the recent past (15years?) there has been Alpha Gam and one other local sorority.

It's been a long time coming; I know when I was an active collegian we hoped another Chapter would join us. Issues with getting the school to sign on, the cost of sending an expansion team out there, and concerns regarding how hard it was for us to keep steady numbers kept that from happening. There has been a shift on campus in recent years with more & more women being interested in Greek Life and because of that, another Chapter is joining the mix!

I hope this turns out to be a great thing for Phi Mu AND Alpha Gamma Delta. I'm nervous for my sisters since they've never had NPC competition before, but I hope things change/improve/etc for the better; for them and for the campus.

Alpha Gamma Delta will conclude recruitment with Bid Day on Sunday 9/6. From what I've heard, Phi Mu will be waiting to start their recruitment/expansion process until that week.
Their own Bid Day will be Sunday 9/20 after a few days of meetings/interviews.

I wish I was there to be part of it all!