View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

WA state resident looking to rush at Ole Miss - Any Advice?

Hi ladies (and gents)!

First of all I'd like to introduce myself a little... I am 19 years old and am in Seattle, WA. I will be graduating from a local community college w/ my AA in General Studies and am planning on transferring to Ole Miss. I have been to the South before and absolutely love the culture. I have wanted to join a sorority since I was a little girl and am just wondering if anyone could offer any tips, insight, etc. on rushing at an SEC university, especially for a Northern woman.

My GPA is about a 3.7, but I will be transferring there as a Junior. I plan on triple majoring so will be spending between 3-4 years at Ole Miss - will this be taken into consideration at all?

I have read that SEC universities are extremely competitive. I will be starting school in the Fall 2008 term. One of my good friends is a Tri-Delt at Washington State University, but she will still be an active member when I rush, so I'm not sure if she will be able to write me a rec.

I am more than willing to dedicate lots of time and effort into preparing for this experience, because, like I said, it is something I have dreamed of for years and am very, very excited to do. Any suggestions, tidbits, insight, advice, etc. is very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!