View Single Post
Old 04-15-2019, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinthegreeks View Post
hi so im currently a Junior and joined a NPC org my freshmen yr of college. Coming into college, i had no idea what greek life was or the different kinds that existed (such as D9s and Multicultural orgs). When i entered college i thought that the orgs that were on my campus were the only ones i could be in and that I had no other option. Bc this is all i knew, i went through formal and ended up in a NPC org. It was cool at first but a year in something just didn't feel right. I'm hispanic by the way. so maybe it was just the differences in the culture of mine and most of the girls in my org.

Recently, about towards the end of my sophomore year, i finally learned about the different D9 sororities and some multicultural ones. also recently, Ive had some friends that brought a new org on campus (a NHPC org) . I didnt even know that was possible! bc of all this new knowledge ive gained, I realize that this org is just not the org for me. I am not happy in it and am not proud to be apart of it. I try to hide my affiliation as much as possible.

Looking back on everything, if i would have known that there were MANY different orgs that existed and that i was allowed to try to bring different orgs on campus, i definitely would not have made the choice that i did. I really regret it all and its just a constant bother in my head.

I am currently interested in a certain D9 org.... I was wondering if once i graduate i could just disaffiliate from the org i am in now and then join a graduate chapter for the D9 i am interested in.... i've done some research and found some different information regarding joining a different org after dropping from one. Some say no and others say it depends...

I would just like to hear others opinion on the matter on what i should do, maybe some facts on the policies. If the graduate chapter plan is not doable, i might just disaffiliate regardless and just become a non-affiliated person

thanks...

QFP