View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 01:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen0730 View Post
From the aoii website, "In no case should a legacy be denied an invitation to at least one invitational event after the first round of events". I'm not sure who she contacted, but clearly the policy exists. And it just hurt my feelings, I'm not trying to say it wasn't my fault or insult or offend anyone or make anyone mad but I was told this policy was in place and then I was shown that even the one who was "supposed" to give me at least one extra chance didn't. It really didn't do much for my confidence with the other parties I attended that night. I know it's my fault for letting it get to me, but it is hard and it hurts to be rejected by girls whom your own sister considers sisters and not let yourself be upset
Here's another way to look at things. If you had been invited back it would have only been because of your legacy status. Sometimes inviting a legacy back is only a formality and not really giving someone a second look. Harsh but true. Would you rather have been strung along for another round and maybe even dropped a house that would have been a better fit because you were focused on a group that had no intention of giving you a bid? I'm trying to not make that sound mean because that is not my intention at all but that's the unfortunate thing that can sometimes happen to PNMs.