View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSKKG View Post
Someone else with more knowledge, please jump in here. My first thought is that whoever writes a rec for you might mention that you pledged Tri Delta at your previous university, so the chapters would find out that way. If your rec writers let their sororities know that you are going through with an open mind, I don't think your prior pledging should be a problem. Please do go through with an open mind and maximize your options--bloom where you're planted!

You could also be vague and mention that you pledged a sorority at your previous university, enjoyed sorority life and wanted to be a part of it again, and were so excited to have a chance to get involved in sorority life at your current university. I think your circumstance is not as rare as you think. Be polite at all parties (I'm sure you would be anyway!). Good luck finding your home, whether it is with Tri Delta again or a different sorority!
Got it. Although, now I don’t think I wanna rush again. The treatment I have received since I dropped has been utterly disgusting, and has left an extremely bad taste in my mouth in regards to greek life. Which ik is stupid because greek life at all schools are totally different. And it sucks because I have had absolutely nothing but wonderful things to say about it, but this aftermath has just changed my mind completely!!! If I do choose to rush again, I pray to God that I DO NOT get DDD!! Done with that!!!!