View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was our regional housing director, a particular chapter kept telling me that they were more expensive than everyone else because of house corporation and that it was hurting them in recruitment. PH published the numbers the chapters gave them. it took me THREE years of asking to see the numbers before I got all the information. PH sent a form to the chapter PRESIDENTS (what? why not the VP:Finance???) and she filled it out. Well, our president was filling it out incorrectly every year because she didn't understand the form...which really did attempt to make it apples to apples. When I completed the form, their fees - according to the layout by PH - were almost $1000 less than they had been reporting. I think it's very important that the numbers are computed by someone who really understands the form and the fees and that PH publish it correctly. While all chapters are supposed to discuss fees during recruitment (according to NPC), the PNMs really just cannot absorb it all in that environment.