View Single Post
Old 01-16-2018, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
PNMmom, we get it. We really do. My own remarks were intended to give useful information regarding the general topic of legacies and invites for all PNMs for those who aren't in NPC sororities or who haven't been involved since college (and boy have things changed since I went through rush, when God was a baby). I don't see that anyone was trying to fix, or give trophies. I don't see that you were whining or even venting. What I saw was this:

When you have children, a piece of your heart goes walking around outside your body for the rest of your life. So it goes that you're (we're all actually) hurting for your (our) children. My Buddhist practice emphasizes compassion and loving kindness and mindfulness. It also places suffering smack dab in the forefront of my life experience. I'd like to skip the suffering. Unfortunately, not an option.

Hoping that your daughter finds a home and a lifetime of membership joys. Hoping that for everyone.

And again, it's Indiana. Glacial pace - but moving. I'll take it. The Grand Canyon took a long time, too.
So true about hurting and wanting for our children. All my emotions since January 3 have been because I feel so deeply for my daughter and want so badly for her what she wants for herself. That's because I'm her Mom. And, I cannot just give her a big hug. On pins and needles today because she's on pins and needles. Good luck to all our daughters, and sending virtual hugs t all the moms.