View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofHguy90 View Post
Wow after going through quite a few pages of that article, you start to realize there are still a lot of idiots out there in the world lol. Instead of resurrecting a few year old post I would like to start a new one and get the opinions of people today.

I'll start off by saying that I am a white guy,I was raised in predominately african american neighborhoods and went to predominately african american schools. So naturally the extent of my greek knowledge comes from being around members of D9 organizations. I personally don't see what the color of someone's skin has to do with their character or how they would help an organization, but even as someone who has attend one of the most diverse universities in the U.S., I have seen this problem. I have been told I can't pledge and org. because when I showed interest or asked about said org. I " wasn't dressed the right way" also because "I'm white". IMO i think it is foolish for people to say things like this,when they represent and organization thats states that they are NOT biased towards these things.

What are you all's opinions on this topic????
I feel you, and it's fucked up to reject an aspirant because of color, but that's just life in general. But how do you know it's about your skin color? How do you know it's not just you? I went to Ohio State, and we had a few white bruhs, and some white dudes who wanted to pledge, we didn't fuck with. That didn't mean they were rejected because of their race, though. I think it largely depends on the school, too. HBCUs are going to be different and are more likely than not going to have a different perspective on their selection. So if you attend a HBCU, that could be the problem.