View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 11:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
Before social media took over, Greek Chat would come alive in late summer and into the fall. There were so many recruitment story threads you could barely keep up. Now it's completely different.

I miss those days. It was fun hearing what was happening with different people on different campi.

I joined Greekchat after those 'golden years' but I lurked for a while before I ever felt like I had the authority to dispense advice or add anything meaningful to conversations in threads. In the years since graduation I have found the need for engagement with this site quite diminished. The content that used to really interest me isn't the same anymore.

I particularly enjoyed reading about the different experiences and cultures at different campuses. Especially, the super large Southern recruitments, as well as historical descriptions of 'vintage' rush.

With zero interest in recruitment at USC, there has not been the need to offer my 2 cents. And any general recruitment advice has been rightly given by those more knowledgeable than I.

Maybe all the advice that needs to be said, and this site provides brilliant advice with regard to NPC recruitment, has already been given. And perhaps, PNMs are turning to other sources. Hopefully they have learned to ask their campus' greek life offices for help.