View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
DEpending on the school, did you have your recs? Check the list above for schools where you absolutely have to have recs. Ask the Greek Life office if they offer an upperclass quota - separate from freshman quota. Not that the chapters have to take them but at least it's an option.

Typically speaking, grade issues, reputation issues and no recs get cut after the first day. Since you made it past that, it's hard to say. May just have been a numbers game.
But I'd certainly clean up my social media, make sure you have a 3.5 or higher, and no problems from partying this past year.
I have over a 3.5 GPA (in college & h.s.) as of now and didn't go to any parties my freshman year. I also don't have any social media accounts. Do you think that could be the reason I got cut was because of my absence of an online presence?

No my last houses on the list weren't all top, I had all tiers on my party list.

And no not a legacy unfortunately and don't really know that many people in sororities, just a few here and there, but we aren't super close more just acquaintances. And I've joined a few clubs during my freshman year since I wasn't able to join Greek life.