View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I do know what happened with her with at least 2 of the sororities because members angrily shared. They had wanted her but other members insisted with the limited amount of invitations they had, they didn't need to be "wasting" them on in-house legacies. I also know from a member of one group there that her Hispanic sister and her Asian cousin were cut the year before because some members argued that "they're black and they wouldn't fit in this chapter". The Asian cousin was my own Southeast Asian daughter. Several members were so upset that they called us because they wanted her but I told them that the girls would've had a bad time anyway in a chapter where some of the sisters rejected them because of skin color. I did ask the girls to share it with their higher-ups.

There is a myth that no members share membership selection information at all; that we are all close-lipped. On the contrary, I have heard what has gone on in several membership selection sessions of other sororities, usually because one or more members is outraged at what went down.
I never said that members never share membership selection information. I said that you don't know for sure. Women who are sad that their rush crush or future little sister got cut by the chapter share things all day long about why they *think* someone was cut, or what discussion was during sessions. All of it is to be taken with a grain of salt by the people outside the chapter who are hearing it since in pretty much every case there are multiple factors. On the flip side, i feel that disclosing MS discussion details should be taken extremely seriously within the chapter from a standards perspective. It is 100% unacceptable to discuss this outside sessions.