View Single Post
Old 06-02-2017, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_Optimist View Post
I did this. Kind of.

Here is what happened. I was recognized as having Prodigious Mind Syndrome, at a very young age. I got to go to a fancy college, and, earned an advanced degree(a couple, actually) when I was only around 3, or, 4. So, whichever society I joined, on account of my ancestry, was just at that college.

Then, when I was around 10, or, 11, I had to go, again, to a different college, to prove that my earlier degrees were no fluke. Easy, peasy, lemon-squeezy. That was easy as. So, I joined a fraternity there, based on my ancestry, again. I did this, again, a few years later, around age 16, and, joined a different fraternity. They had the same public letters, but, it was a completely different fraternity. This is on purpose. No two are the same.

So, I had the opportunity to go, again, at a normal college age, and, wanted that experience. Well, when I got to that campus, all, except one, of the fraternities, there, were notebooked. So, instead of joining the local fraternity which had the same public letters as the other fraternity I joined, I opted to join a different one, one that was just being started.

This is fine, because, notebooked orders are imitation orders, at best. Not real fraternities, not real orders of their "parent" organization, and, typically, filled with total asshats who give Greek Life a bad name.

So, anyway, this colony gets initiated, and, they go all out. They have a mock ceremony, for everyone, and, then a private ceremony, for their "real brothers." I found this out later.

Well, I quit this "fraternity", transferred (for the first of 27 times), re-joined the second fraternity I joined (being older while pledging changes the experience, completey. I was regular brother, not the younger brother.) So, anyway, both national organizations were made aware of these incidents.

This is allowed. If you joined a gypsy fraternity, you can still join my fraternity, if you qualify. Also, if you were from a notebook order, you can join, because, notebooks fail to fully initiate their brothers.

If anyone remembers the name of the fraternity (I thought) I joined, and, from which I demitted, I hope he will keep it a secret.

I am, and, remain, a brother of the Sigma Chi Fraternity.

In Hoc Signo Vinces.

(I figured this one long post would be better than making a new thread. I was planning to reveal this, anyway, but, found this thread.)
None of this makes a damned bit of sense. I seriously call bull$hit.