View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 01:52 PM
Banned

questions about informal recruitment?

A little confused about how this informal rush thing works. A new sorority is colonizing at my school and I decided to go for an interview because unfortunately I missed formal rush (I didn’t know you had to go to the sorority’s Instagram pages to register?? I had been looking on my school’s greek life page & there was no info about fall recruitment. Anyway, registration closed by the time I figured it out.)

My interview was late and actually on bid day (morning) and they had already bid & decided on everyone. My cousin had passed away and I was out of town for his funeral so they made an exception. The interview went okay, it wasn’t what I was expecting at all so I was a little unprepared. From everything I had read and watched videos on and such, it would have been a girl around my age & she was going to ask me questions about myself and what I’ve been involved in, etc. The woman who interviewed me was older & she kept asking me what I thought about the sorority and if I had any questions. She asked me like one question about my life. I guess I’m kind of confused because I thought they were going to tell ME about the sorority. I mean I had read about it & the philanthropy and whatnot but I didn’t know what kind of questions I should have been asking. I thought it was like they see if my personality is a good fit & bid on me if so? So the interview was kind of awkward for that reason & worried she didn’t like me much or thought I was unprepared.

Anyway, do they contact you regardless if you got a bid or not? They asked for all my contact info afterward and said they would be contacting me soon. The sorority & some of the founding sisters followed me on social media but it’s been about 3 days and I haven’t heard anything. I wasn’t sure if they just didn’t want me so they didn’t bother to follow up or if maybe they forgot about me? I wanted to email them and ask but I don’t want to look pushy. Any advice? I'm pretty anxious as I really wanted to rush this year. I'm going to be junior next fall so I'm worried I'll have an even slimmer chance of getting a bid.