View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 07:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri12 View Post
The house I specifically wanted had 10 spots now 8 spots open, I have multiple friends in the sorority and there’s about 3-5 chapters doing COB that I would love to join. I have a relatively high gpa as well as multiple recommendations and school activities and positions that I was involved in.
If they have 8 remaining spots and you have multiple friends in the chapter and have not heard back from them in weeks, that ship might have sailed at this time. As Theta1234 said, none of us know what is going on behind the scenes. Your desired chapter might've decided to wait until next semester to fill those spots. Do they have a house? Maybe your friends can invite you over for lunch or dinner a few times this semester so you can meet more women and stay connected.

You are now in college. You will have to rely on your college GPA, activities/clubs, philanthropic efforts, etc, so if you haven't gotten involved on campus, now's the time. It might be benificial to join an organization with a high percentage of sorority women. Getting to know you in a more informal way and getting to see your talents and how well you work in a group may be just the insight they need to become your advocate.