View Single Post
Old 10-08-2019, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Keri, the chapters you visited might have only had one or two vacant spots. Most of the time the chapters don’t notify you that they decided not to offer you a bid. If it has been several weeks since your coffee dates and you have still heard nothing, they might have offered bids to other girls.

Down south where rush happens in August, new members are already getting initiated or are nearing initiation. If you are in the south this might be why you have not heard anything.

As you can see, these are just 2 of several reasons why you have not been contacted. I understand not wanting to put yourself in the position of disappointment. You need to decide if the risk outweighs the potential reward. Only you can make that decision. While you are contemplating your options, reflect on your rush experience. Is there anything that you could improve on or change for the next rush? Would recommendations help? Do you have similar taste in style to the girls in the sororities and in your PNM group? How will your college GPA be? Have you joined a campus org? Have you donated your talents to a local charity? Have you made friends with any sorority members? Have you readjusted your expectations? Are you limiting your sorority choices or are you now open to more chapters? Analyzing your answers to these questions might lead you to the answer you are seeking.