View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
^^^ Yikes, lol! What's worse...having them think she asked, or letting them know it was really her mom who asked? That's a toss up! So glad your daughter found her home!

My daughter and I were just laughing about how maybe one out of ten women look good in their white dress -- color definitely trumps any consideration of whether the style is flattering.

A few years ago, we had a new member show up for pledging wearing a white blouse, a white cardigan, and what looked like white brief-style underwear, but were actually the shortest shorts you've ever seen on someone who isn't an NFL cheerleader. I think they were from her former volleyball uniform.
It was ugly. The email address is her name. And I signed it may name.

And I totally agree with the white dress attractiveness. I was lucky in college. One of my recruitment dresses was white. Think 1980s take on a 1920s lace over a slip style flapper dress. Very much at “tea” look. I wore that damn dress for 4 years - at least once a month (formal all white meetings) and initiations. I could never find a white dress that flattering. Best money ever spent.

I often wonder if she shop owner that sold me the dress (family friend, my Zeta reference from TCU or SMU) was thinking ahead when she pushed me toward that dress. (If was dressy enough to be a courthouse wedding dress - and I was not initially sold on the white)